Leadfoot Engineering CNC Machinist Posting
Leadfoot Engineering provides engineering consulting services and engine components to multiple segments of the internal combustion engine industry including OEM, Racing, High Performance Aftermarket and Military. Our customer list is composed of world leaders in their respective fields. We are looking for a CNC Machinist to join our team in Chassell, Michigan. The open position is full time, first shift. The CNC Machinist is responsible for programming, setup and operation of CNC and other manual machining equipment to support our prototyping and production operations.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Wage: $16 – $31 per hour (based on skills and experience)
- Paid Medical Insurance
- Performance based bonus
- Paid time off (vacation, holidays, personal days)
- Wide variety of challenging precision machining and fabricating assignments
- Training available for skill enhancement and position advancement
- Small town atmosphere in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula
- Clean, safe, and temperature controlled working environment
- Flexible work hours
Responsibilities of the CNC Machinist:
- Programming using CAM software, setup, and operate CNC machining center and lathes
- Maintain equipment and organize/clean work area
- Take the initiative to identify and pursue opportunities for improvement
- Help other team members to support company growth and success as needed
- CNC machining experience is preferred but would consider an apprenticeship
- Understanding of CNC Equipment, tooling, and programming fundamentals, or possess the ability to learn effective operation and programming of CNC Equipment.
- Experience with Solidworks, Camworks is a plus
- Experience with Haas and Fanuc CNC controls a plus
- Experience with manual machines a plus (Bridgeport and engine lathe)
- Ability to work with solid models, and understand prints and setup instructions
- Ability to utilize precise measuring equipment for quality monitoring and inspection data archiving.
- Disciplined attention to detail with positive attitude towards problem solving and continuous improvement.
- Self-motivation and good organizational skills, with the ability to visualize and plan multiple machining operations involved in producing finished components